NOTICE TO ONLINE ENTRANTS
In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. Authorized Account Holder means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Any entrant may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to Sponsor’s satisfaction. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered, or mass entries or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices are void. The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) lost, late, misdirected, damaged or illegible entries; or (ii) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof; or (iii) any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for the incompatibility of entrant’s hardware, software or browser technology. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you (i) agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor and the independent judging organization, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to: (i) permanently disqualify from any Sweepstakes it sponsors any person it believes has intentionally violated these Official Rules; and (ii) withdraw the online method of entry if it becomes technically corrupted (including if a computer virus or system malfunction inalterably impairs its ability to conduct the Sweepstakes), and to select winners from among all eligible entries received prior to withdrawal.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THIS WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility: The Kellogg’s™ Frosted Mini Wheats™ Teachers Big Day Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, age 13 or older at the time of entry. Void in outside the U.S. and wherever else prohibited by law. Employees, shareholders, officers, directors and agents of Meredith Corporation (the "Sponsor"), Parents magazine, The Kellogg Company, US Sweepstakes & Fulfillment Company (the “Administrator”), their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) of, and/or those living in the same household of each, are not eligible to enter. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
2. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on Monday, September 10, 2018 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Within the Sweepstakes Period, there are five (5) Weekly Entry Periods (each, a “Weekly Entry Period”) and five (5) corresponding Weekly Random Drawings (each, a “Drawing”) as defined in the “Weekly Entry Periods & Drawings Schedule” below. Entries must be received during a Weekly Entry Period be eligible for that Weekly Entry Period’s drawing and prize. Non-winning entries for a Weekly Entry Period will not roll over to subsequent Weekly Entry Periods. Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
|WEEKLY ENTRY PERIOD & DRAWINGS SCHEDULE|
|Entry Period #||WEEKLY ENTRY PERIODS
All eligible entries must be received between:
On or about:
|# of Prizes per Weekly Entry Period|
|Weekly Entry Period Start:
12:00:00 AM ET on:
|Weekly Entry Period End:
11:59:59 PM ET on:
Upon submitting an Entry, Entrants will have the opportunity to share the Sweepstakes with friends by clicking the button to post a tweet from his/her Twitter account or pin a post to his/her Pinterest account (each, a “Sweepstakes Share”). By clicking the button, the Entry associated with the Sweepstakes Share will receive one (1) additional entry into the Sweepstakes (the “Bonus Entry”). There is a limit of one (1) Bonus Entry per Entrant via Sweepstakes Share on Twitter and one (1) Bonus Entry via Pinterest. Note: Distribution to strangers, or any other promotion of the share post in a manner that would constitute or appear to constitute unsolicited commercial email or "spam" is expressly prohibited and may be grounds for disqualification from the Sweepstakes and all associated entries will be void. Entrants who choose to share a Sweepstakes Share are subject to all notices posted on Twitter and Pinterest, including, but not limited to, their respective Privacy Policies. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, Inc. or Pinterest.
Online Entry and Bonus Entry collectively referred to herein as “Entry” or “Entries”.
4. Prizes/Approximate Retail Value ("ARV")/Odds:
Nominee Prizes: Fifty (50) Nominee Prizes are available to be won. Each Nominee Prize includes a Teacher Appreciation Package to be awarded to the Nominee named in each winning Entry. Teacher Appreciation Package includes:
- One (1) Personalized box of Kellogg’s Frosted Mini Wheats;
- $400 prepaid card; and
- $100 school supply package (contents to be determined by Sponsor)
- The ARV of Nominee Prize: $500 each.
The total ARV of all prizes available to be won: $25,000.
Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
Limit: One (1) prize per Nominee.
5. Random Drawing: Ten (10) potential Nominee Prize winners will be selected for each Weekly Entry Period in a series of random drawings from among all eligible entries received within the corresponding Weekly Entry Period on or about the corresponding Random Drawing Date indicated in the Weekly Entry Period & Drawings Schedule in the “Timing” section of these Official Rules. Drawings will be conducted by the Administrator, an independent agent of the Sponsor whose decisions are final. All Entries, Nominees and School information provided are subject to verification by the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any potentially winning Entry and/or Nominee in the event the information provided in the Entry is not able to be verified to Sponsor’s satisfaction, is incomplete, or that is not in compliance with these Official Rules.
6. Winner Notification: Potential Nominee Prize winners are subject to verification. The Nominee named on each potential Nominee Prize winning Entry will be sent one (1) Nominee Prize within 30 days of the Entry and Nominee being verified to the address provided in the Entry or to a corrected address determined by the Sponsor at the time the Nominee is verified. The Entrants associated with the winning Entries will be notified via email at the time the Nominee Prizes are being sent to the Nominees.
If any prize is returned as undeliverable or if the selected Nominee cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason, or he/she is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected in a separate random drawing.
7. Prize Conditions: All expenses related to the acceptance or use of the prize are the sole responsibility of the Nominee.
Prizes are not redeemable for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prizes are non-assignable or transferable, except to a surviving spouse. No substitution is permitted except if prize or prize component is unavailable, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Any other incidental expenses on prize not specified herein are the sole responsibility of each winner. Once the prize has been delivered to the Nominee’s school, the prize is considered awarded.
The prize-winning Nominee is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes, if applicable.
Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of prize constitute permission to use each Nominee’s name, prize won, hometown, likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity (including online posting) in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission.
Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Winner acknowledges that the Sponsor and all other businesses affiliated with this Sweepstakes and their agents do not make, nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representations, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the quality, conditions, fitness or merchantability of any aspect of the prize being offered, except that any merchandise prize shall be subject to its manufacturer’s standard warranty (if any and if applicable).
Gift cards are not redeemable for cash and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Gift card usage is subject to the issuing company’s complete terms and conditions, including expiration dates.
8. Release: Participating Entrants and prize winning Nominees agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of US Sweepstakes & Fulfillment Company and the Sponsor, and release the Sponsor, Administrator, Parents magazine, The Kellogg Company, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and related entities, successors and assigns, units and sponsors, divisions and advertising and promotional agencies, prize suppliers and all other businesses involved in this Sweepstakes, and all entities involved in the production, sponsorship and/or promotion of the prize, or any part thereof, including, without limitation, the respective directors, employees, representatives and agents of each (collectively, the “Released Entities”), from all claims and liability relating to their participation in the Sweepstakes and the acceptance and use/misuse of the prize offered. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in this Sweepstakes or use/misuse or redemption of the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer and/or administration of the Sweepstakes and/or in the announcement of the prize.
9. Indemnity: Winner shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Entities from and against any and all claims, damages, actions, liability, loss, injury or expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in connection with: (a) winner’s participation in the Sweepstakes; (b) a breach or allegation which if true would constitute a breach, of any of winner’s representations, warranties or obligations herein; and (c) acceptance, possession, grant, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage arising therefrom.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, participating Entrants agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the state of Iowa. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, Entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of Iowa without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Iowa or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of Iowa. The remedy for any claim shall be limited to actual damages, and in no event shall any party be entitled to recover punitive, exemplary, consequential, or incidental damages, including attorney’s fees or other such related costs of bringing a claim, or to rescind this agreement or seek injunctive or any other equitable relief.
ALL PARTICIPATING ENTRANTS AND PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT AND INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT THEREOF.
11. Privacy: By entering and providing the required entry information, Entrants acknowledge that Parents magazine and The Kellogg Company may also send information, samples or special offers it believes may be of interest to Entrant, or other information or goods offered by its marketing partners. Personal information collected from online Entrants is subject to the Parents magazine and The Kellogg Company Privacy Policies, which can be found at http://www.meredith.com/legal/privacy and https://www.kelloggcompany.com/en_US/privacy-policy.html, respectively.
12. Official Rules: To request a copy of the Official Rules, see www.teachersbigday.com, or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by Monday, October 15, 2018, to: Kellogg’s Frosted Mini Wheats Teachers Big Day Sweepstakes, Rules Request, PO Box 25466, Rochester, NY 14625.
13. Winner Confirmation: For a written confirmation of the winners (available after Wednesday, September 12, 2018) send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (no later than Monday, October 15, 2018), to: Kellogg’s Frosted Mini Wheats Teachers Big Day Sweepstakes, Winner Confirmation Request, PO Box 25466, Rochester, NY 14625.
14. Sponsor: Meredith Corporation, 1716 Locust Street, Des Moines, IA 50309.
Void in Puerto Rico, Guam, the US Virgin Islands and wherever else prohibited by law.